As we are well into the new year, what does 2018 have to offer for floral wedding trends?! Thanks to Pantone, Brides Magazine UK and The Knot.com, I have gathered some great intel on whats to come for this years floral wedding trends! Here are my top 5 that i'm most looking forward to seeing!
1. Colour of the Year Ultra-violet: Pantone (known as the standard language for colour communication) has stated that ultra-violet is the colour of 2018. 'Inventive and imaginative, Ultra Violet lights the way to what is yet to come'. Try mixing this colour with other purple hues or using it aside a coral colour palette to make your bouquet pop!
Image: Photographer: @redmelanieh
2. Unique Vessels: Brides Magazine UK, interviewed the founder of Grace & Thorn, Nik Southern, and he says not only are flowers important, but the vessels you choose are too! Look for vessels that are made of concrete, wood, or designed in geometric shapes.
Image: Pinterest via Sarah Street Photography
3. Hanging Floral Installations: Brides Magazine UK, reports that hanging installations of flowers or greenery can give a creative look to your wedding space. Decorated chandeliers to hanging wreathes and bohemian rings can make a unique and stunning statement to your wedding venue.
Image: Photographer: Megan Steen Photography
4. Copper Is The New Rose Gold: According to Brides Magazine UK, metallic touches of copper has taken over the once popular rose gold. Accents of copper can be used in your wedding decor from candle holders to cutlery, from ribbons to chairs, this accent can create a colour palette of its own!
Image: Pinterest via Mandy Evans Photography
5. Round Ceremony Archways: Lauren Kay, from theknot.com reports that round archways are a unique twist on what we see in traditional outdoor alters. Decorated simply in greenery or glammed up with some pretty blooms, these round archways symbolize eternity in a beautiful way.
Image: Pinterest via @bowerbotanicals
I can't wait to explore these trends for this years up coming weddings and events!